Sunday 2 February 2014

Creating the base

Things to think about

SHAPE, TEXTURE & COLOUR

- Will her base be dusty, greasy or in between?
- Is something living in her hair?
- Lips, nude or grey?
- Does she self harm?

- Miss Haversham is faint and tired because she isn't healthy
- Her bones are week
A young girl wearing make up would be frowned upon. Liner wasn't worn.



Experimenting with base

I placed cloak around model, made sure brushes are clean, couch roll is under products, area is clean and tidy, hair tied back and model is in front of mirror with lights on.
- After I cleansed, toned and moisturized I used satin primer mixed with Rich Illamasqua white foundation applying this with a foundation brush.
- I then powered with translucent power with a powder brush.
- With a medium brush I applied Charles Fox powder shades, light grey underneath her eyes 





I like the paleness of the foundation as it gave that deathly look. The feedback I received was I need to take more control of the foundation. When I stepped back and looked through the mirror I could see one side on her cheek had more foundation than the other. So I need to work more on getting an even coverage. I will do this by starting off with very little foundation on my brush then gradually building on this if it needs more foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment