Sunday 2 February 2014

Creating a French Pleat

Demo what my teacher created


- Cloak on
- Brush hair through
- Add matt spray to sections of middle hair and all over, this takes grease out
- Take side sections from behind the ear
- Create middle parting
- Clip side sections of hair
- Using pintail comb grab top section of hair spray with constructer
- Curl with barrel tong to create barrel curl
- Hold for about 12 seconds can feel heat through hair
- Clip them in place
- Create curls in a brick work as it's 3 then 2. So there's no gap between the 2
- Grab section on one side create another barrel curl
- The other side going the other direction
- Grab side piece that's out and barrel curl that as well
- Barrel curls at the top going to the centre of the head
 
- Take out side curls
- Back combing - pin tail comb. Go against the hair. Create the mess upwards going to the root
- From the top going to the bottom
- Back comb sides all the way down to root
- Go to other side

- Take a paddle brush to smooth out
- Smooth the hair very light motions
- Cross grips the pins
- Fold hair around hand
- After folding it in shape use geisha grips/wig  pin into cross grips 
- Take out top of hair back comb
- Smooth out hair with brush
- Fold around rest of the hair
- Create volume with pin tail comb
- Back comb front bits
- Smooth front to back
- Once created shape hairspray for finishing touches

My Attempt


If I had more time with this style I would have brushed the front back joining into the rest of the hair. The wig grips I placed in weren’t very secure so I need to practise getting them into the correct place where the other grips are. I am pleased with my first attempt as I now have the idea on how to create this hairstyle and how to get the structure in place. With more practise I hope to be able to create the finished look with the shape higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment